MyLocal Driving Lessons (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is MyLocal Driving Lessons.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.mylocaldrivinglessons.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, request a quote, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. [In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.] We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. [We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience].
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- [Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.]
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If MyLocal Driving Lessons or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Please read these terms carefully – they concern the use of this website.
Your use of this website is subject to these terms, and by using the website you show your agreement to such terms.
If you do not accept our terms, please do not use the website.
- By proceeding with access to our website, you are deemed to have accepted these terms.
- This website, and the information contained on it, is not directed at, or intended for distribution to or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen, resident of, or located in, any jurisdiction where such distribution, publication, availability or use would be contrary to applicable law or regulation or which would subject Automobile Association Developments Limited to any registration or licensing requirement within such jurisdiction.
- This website is for consumer use only and only use which is not contrary to any applicable law or regulation.
- You will not (directly or indirectly) perform, authorise, encourage or assist others to perform ‘mystery shopping’ of this website, that is to say, the accessing of this website for the purpose of obtaining any insurance quotes (or other related information), other than a genuine insurance quote for your own personal use.
- You must not knowingly request, receive, make use of, or pass on any information or data derived from or accessible via this website for any commercial purpose.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party.
- We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms.
- By using the website you acknowledge that you are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the website.
- You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the website through your internet connection are aware of these terms and they comply with them.
- We do not accept any liability for any errors or omissions.
- If you are in any doubt as to the validity of information contained within these pages, then please contact us to seek verification.
Headings used in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
Accuracy of information
- All information or advice provided as part of this website is intended to be general in nature and you should not rely on it in connection with the making of any decision.
- The information, including prices, and details, of products and services, and any offers, included in this website, have been compiled from a variety of sources and are subject to change at any time without notice. In the event that such change takes place we shall not be liable to you in any way whatsoever.
- Automobile Association Developments Limited tries to ensure that all the information provided as part of this website is correct at the time of inclusion on the website but does not represent that the information contained in this website is accurate, comprehensive, verified or complete, makes no representation or warranty as to the currency, adequacy or suitability, and shall accept no liability for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this website or for any reliance placed by any person on the information.
- The information on this website is provided purely for information and does not constitute or form part of any offer or invitation to sell or issue, or any solicitation of any offer to purchase or subscribe for, any securities in Automobile Association Developments Limited or any other company, nor shall it (or any part of it) or the fact of its distribution, form the basis of, or be relied on in connection with or act as any inducement to enter into, any contract or commitment whatsoever with respect to any such purchase or subscription.
- All products and services are subject to availability and we give no guarantee in this regard.
- The company advertising the products or services concerned may accept or reject your offer at its sole discretion.
- This website is for non-commercial, personal use only.
- The services contained on this website may be supplied on a commercial basis on payment to Automobile Association Developments Limited of its charges from time to time.
- Please call us on 0370 600 0371 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional terms which vary or supplement these terms may apply.
- If you apply for any product or service detailed on this website, these terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with any other terms and conditions which relate to any such product and service and, in the event of any contradiction between these terms and conditions and the specific terms and conditions relating to such product or service, the latter shall prevail.
- For the purpose of these terms and conditions, product(s) and service(s) shall include, without limitation, any insurance or financial services.
Copyright, trademark and intellectual property rights
- All materials presented on this website, unless specifically indicated otherwise, is under copyright to Automobile Association Developments Limited or its licensors.
- The contents of this website are freely downloadable for browsing purposes only and may not be reproduced in whole or in part or otherwise made available without the prior written consent of the company.
- In addition, none of the materials on this website may be copied, altered in any way, or transmitted or distributed to any other party without the prior express written permission of the company.
- You may not create links to this website without the express prior written consent of Automobile Association Developments Limited.
- Linked websites, whether permitted or not, do not have any implied affiliation with this website.
- All registered trademarks used on this website are trademarks of The Web Design Studios Limited.
While mylocal electricians has taken care in the preparation of the contents of this website, this website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos, icons regarding or relating to the mylocal electricians or any mylocal electricians company, or the products and services of the same (or to third party products and services), are provided on an ‘as is’ basis without any representation or endorsement being made, and without any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- To the extent permitted by law, all such terms and warranties are hereby excluded.
- In no event will The Web Design Studios Limited or any mylocal electricians company be liable (whether in contract or tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise) for any losses sustained and arising out of or in connection with use of this website including, without limitation, loss of profits, loss of data or loss of goodwill (in all these cases whether direct or indirect) nor any indirect, economic, consequential or special loss.
- MyLocal Electricians does not warrant that the functions or materials accessible from or contained in this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that this website or the server that makes it available are virus or bug free or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials.
- If any of these terms and conditions (or any terms and conditions relating to a product or service referred to in this website) should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which such terms and conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent of such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability, and in relation to such state or country only, such terms or condition shall be deleted and severed from the rest of the relevant terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude MyLocal Electrcians liability for death or personal injury resulting from the mylocal electricians negligence.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, without notice to you, by posting changes on the website.
- It is your responsibility to review the website terms and conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of the latest terms and conditions.
- Your use of this website after a change has been posted will be deemed to signify your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
- We recommend that you print off and retain for your records a copy of these terms and conditions from time to time and a copy of any terms and conditions relating to any product or service which you apply for online, together with any related application form completed and submitted.
- Any amendment to terms and conditions must be agreed in writing by us, or, if appropriate, by the relevant company with whom you contract.
- We are not responsible for the content of external websites.
- We do not produce or maintain these websites, and therefore will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the material on any such websites.
- By allowing links with third party websites MyLocal Electricans does not intend to solicit business or offer any security to any person in any country, directly or indirectly.
- Unless otherwise specified, the products and services described in this website are available only to UK residents (excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man).
- The information on this website is not directed at anyone other than UK residents and applications from others will, unless otherwise stated, not be accepted.
- MyLocal Electricians makes no representation that any product or service referred to on the website are appropriate for use, or available in other locations.
- The information and other materials contained in this website may not satisfy the laws of any other country and those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- The phone numbers provided only apply to phone calls made from within the UK.
- These terms and conditions and any terms and conditions relating to products or services described in this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- Disputes arising in relation to the same shall, unless otherwise expressly agreed, be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Ownership of website
- This website is the property of The Web Design Studios Limited.
- Registered office: The Maltings, Easy Tyndall Street, Cardiff, CF24 5EA.
- Registered in England with company number 10663743.
- MyLocal Electricians is a Trading Name of The Web Design Studios Limited.
Here's what others have to say about our electricians in Cardiff...
The electrician suited me perfectly, he was a nice guy that knew his stuff. It was a simple job that he made simpler, Thank you everyone at MyLocal for finding me a great Electrician! I will definitely use Darren again.
I rang MyLocal and asked for an Electrician in South Wales to assist with a simple task of adding sockets to my living room and upstairs bedroom. He charged me a very fair price and I wouldn't hesitate to use again.
Having just bought a run-down property, I wanted to try and get as much work done locally as possible. I was put in touch with an electrician immedietley and was delighted with the overall service given. I look forward to working with Darren on future projects.